TomKat Center Postdoctoral Fellowships in Sustainable Energy - Eligibility Criteria
- The applicant must have a commitment from a Stanford faculty member confirming that they will mentor/sponsor and host them in their lab as a postdoctoral fellow.
- Applicants must hold a Ph.D. at the time that the fellowship will begin.
- The faculty mentor/sponsor must be appointed at Stanford. Acting, consulting and courtesy appointees are not eligible to serve as a faculty sponsor.
- Foreign scholars must have or be able to obtain a H1B visa (to receive the award as salary). Citizenship is not a selection factor.
- The award of this fellowship is contingent upon receiving a postdoctoral appointment at Stanford. All Stanford policies found at: postdocs.stanford.edu are applicable to TomKat Postdoctoral Fellows.
Additional Application Guidelines:
- A faculty member may not have more than one funded TomKat postdoctoral fellow at a time.
- A faculty member may not serve as mentor/sponsor on more than one fellowship application per cycle.
- Funding is restricted to support of investigative activities that are focused on an area relevant to sustainable energy, and that are conducted under the direction of a Stanford University faculty member.
- If the postdoctoral scholar currently has other fellowships, or has applied to fellowships that may be awarded during the TomKat fellowship award period, full disclosure of the names, amounts and dates of the other award(s) must be made in the application materials.
- Re-applications from previous applicants are accepted.