Primus Power's mission is to enable 100% renewable energy worldwide by delivering safe, low-cost, and long-life energy storage solutions. The core technology behind these solutions is Primus Power's EnergyPod®, a ground breaking long duration flow battery.
- Detailed mechanical design and hands on build of prototypes and test rigs to drive advancements in core technology
- Collaborate with R&D, test, supply chain, and manufacturing teams as required to incorporate feedback, execute projects, and share learnings
- Quantitative analysis (e.g. structural, thermal, flow, etc.) as required to inform designs and interpret test results
- Ensure safe and efficient operations by following best practices such as adherence to standard operating procedures, use of personal protective equipment, lock-out/tag-out, etc.
Who should apply
We are seeking enthusiastic and talented mechanical engineering students looking for challenging summer internships. Our internship projects require candidates to tackle critical technical challenges and deliver tangible results. Candidates will have an opportunity to exercise significant hands-on design, build, test, and analysis skills.
- Currently enrolled in a 4+ year mechanical engineering degree program
- Skills and experience above and beyond the standard academic course load (e.g. prior work experience or significant school or personal projects).
- Excellent verbal and visual communication skills – you will be part of the engineering TEAM and must thrive on teamwork as well as individual contributions
- Methodical and detail oriented work style with an emphasis on organization and clear documentation
- Must be authorized to work in the United States on a full-time basis
Mechanical engineering major required
Previous experience with mechanical design, battery systems, fuel cells, thermal/fluids systems, or electrochemistry is a plus
Sophomore: $18/hr = $1440 / bi-weekly pay period
Junior: $20/hr = $1,600 / bi-weekly pay period
Senior/Grad student: $22/hr = $1,760 / bi-weekly pay period