Terra AI - Geoscience
Positions: Geoscience Internship
Location: Sunnyvale, CA
Innovation Area: Software and Data Analytics; Storage; Energy Management and Efficiency
Position Type: TomKat Center-supported
Internship Term: 8 weeks
We are on a mission to provide the premier AI platform to accelerate and improve the development of critical natural resources for a greener future.
We are developing intelligent systems built on modern AI modeling, reasoning, and optimization that can drastically improve performance, predictability and safety of reservoir, wind, and mineral development projects.
Founded in 2023, we have raised venture capital from Khosla Ventures. We are looking to build out our small team to deliver the first version of our product. We have a hybrid work culture (3 days / week) in our Sunnyvale office space.
About the Role
We are looking for an intern to work on flow simulation and/or geophysics development for integration into Terra’s AI geoscience platform. The duties of this role may include:
- Setup of geological process and geophysics simulations (using multi-point statistics (MPS) techniques.
- Integration of these simulations with Terra’s AI technology stack.
- Identification, investigation and resolution of issues.
We are looking for someone who
- Is excited about our mission to improve the speed and adoption of critical technologies to drive to net zero by 2050.
- Is excited to work in and gain experience in the AI and climate tech space
- Wants to deliver on a meaningful and impactful project over the course of the summer
- Is curious to learn about our customers, their workflows and applications of our product.
- Is an excellent communicator and team player
- Majoring in a relevant technical discipline including physical sciences, engineering (any), geology/earth science, or mathematics.
- Proficiency in geomodeling or simulation software: The ideal candidate must demonstrate a good understanding of geomodeling software (such as Petrel) or reservoir simulation (such as Eclipse/Intersect)
- Strong written and oral communication skills
- Self-motivated and high attention to detail
- Strong problem solving skills
- Ability to work in a fast-paced environment
- Highly developed analytical and organizational skills
- Knowledge of Uncertainty Workflow in Petrel or other geomodeling software is a plus
- Experience with Geological Process Modeling (GPM) is a plus
- Understanding of Seismic Interpretation Workflow in Petrel or other simulation software is a plus
Terra AI is an equal opportunity employer. At Terra AI, we are committed to building a diverse and inclusive workplace, because inclusion and diversity are essential to achieving our mission. We encourage you to apply if you are excited about Terra and this role even if your past experience does not align perfectly with every qualification in the job description.