Positions: Software Engineer, Full-stack
Location: Remote (team will be based in SF and Atlanta)
Innovation Area: Software and Data Analytics
Position Type: TomKat Center-supported
Internship Term: 8 weeks
FLIP is a predictive analytics business intelligence platform for asset-heavy enterprises. FLIP automates intelligent maintenance recommendations based on our Machine Learning model and gives asset managers the power of predictive maintenance. Our web-based platform helps reduce the cognitive load on asset managers and enables asset-heavy enterprises to stay one step ahead of unplanned downtime. The team has a combined 20+ years of military, government (NASA), and tech (Tesla, Skydio) experience. Our first costumer is the US Air Force.
Flip is seeking an ML Software Engineer to join our development team. The ideal candidate will have industry experience in ML projects and React. Some of the tasks include:
- Write code to analyze vast amounts of vehicle maintenance data and apply relevant ML techniques to build & optimize frameworks to predict breakdowns
- Help grow the existing Front-End (React) and Back-End (Node.js) infrastructure
- Manage project priorities, deadlines, and deliverables
Who should apply
- Bachelor’s or Master’s students in Computer Science or related technical field.
- Students should have hands-on experience developing full-stack applications (in or outside of class) and be eager to join a passionate startup team, have strong will to learn and motivation.
- Experience developing ML algorithms in Python and mastering of libraries such as numpy and pandas.
- Experience with the Node/React (Having taken CS142 is a plus)
- Experience with SQL databases (GraphQL is a plus)
- Computer Science or Symbolic Systems. Preferred Skills:
- Python (numpy, pandas)
- React (Material UI) and Node.js
- SQL Database (GraphQL)