ClearFlame Engine Technologies
Positions: Business Development Intern
Location: Remote, but possible travel opportunities
Innovation Area: Environment and Health; Transportation
Position Type: TomKat Center-supported
Internship Term: 8 weeks
As a Black- and Women-founded and led business, we wanted to develop a solution that not only addresses the climate crisis but also deals with the energy equity and environmental justice issues that have a disproportionate impact on underrepresented populations globally. Grounded in technology developed during doctoral studies at Stanford University, our Clear Combustion solution aims to combine these goals and improve the health, environment, and cost competitiveness of cleaner fuels.
ClearFlame’s technology modifies traditional diesel-style compression engines, unlocking them to use a wide range of simple, clean, renewable, liquid fuels. Easily integrated into existing engines or new engine production flow, this technology provides the fastest and lowest cost path to decarbonization for hard-to-electrify, heavy-duty industries without fundamentally changing how engines perform.
ClearFlame Engines Technology is looking for an intern this summer to support our business development and strategy team. The intern would be working hands on with clients and helping us develop our business strategy as we expand into new markets. Based on a combination of business need and the intern’s interest, they would lead a major project or business initiative over the course of the summer that would be central to the company’s strategic goals
Potential Project May Include:
- Customer discovery of the value add of engine to different industries and key attributes needed to address their pain points
- Help in the development of an international plan for the power generation and mining products
- Support in understanding the regulatory environment for the technology including identification of grant and funding opportunities for the genset product from the federal government and local programs.
Who should apply
Anyone with a passion for the environment, energy and transportation. Also ideally the applicant would be interested in hands-on learning at a fast-growing start-up and able to manage their time well.
- Excellent written and oral communication skills
- Technical orientation
- Superior project management, collaboration and interpersonal skills
- Ability to maintain a keen attention to detail, multitask and work well under pressure
- Natural tendency to be curious, positive, and creative
- Team player who collaborates well with others
- Strength in simplifying and visualizing complex concepts
- Bachelors in Energy Policy, Economics, Engineering, Physical science, Business, or a data driven field
- Experience in the energy sector and a working knowledge of clean energy markets and policy.
- Expertise working with energy data
- Experience employing data-driven decisioning to prioritize and execute a project