Position: Software Engineer: Full Stack Developer
Location: Palo Alto, CA (Working remotely)
Innovation Area: Storage, Transmission and Management
Position Type: TomKat Center-supported
Internship Term: 8 weeks
Buzz Solutions safeguards the world's energy infrastructure by providing AI-based actionable insights and predictive analytics for power line and energy infrastructure inspections.
We are disrupting the power utility industry by providing automation for inspection and maintenance operations for infrastructure, using our AI-powered software platform, and are a venture backed and funded startup looking for great talent to share our vision of energy industry transformation.
Our solutions and technology allows the utilities to reduce current inspection operation costs by at least 50%, prevent power outages, prevent wildfires and manage their assets in an effective way.
You will be working with a talented, passionate and hardworking team of engineers and product managers to build end-to-end Machine Learning products and pipelines that will be deployed for our customers in order to prevent issues such as power outages, forced shutdowns, impact of climate change on the aging grid infrastructure and preventing wildfires.
- Work on our cloud-based PowerAI software platform
- Develop front end capabilities such as dashboards, visualizations, features
- Work on building best performance UI features and linking with backend
- Integrate all the front-end features with a backend pipeline
- Work on bug fixing and improving application performance
- Unit-test code for robustness, including edge cases, usability, and general reliability
- Code reviews, stress testing and managing robust automated deployment
Who Should Apply
Stanford students who are passionate about the energy and sustainability space who enjoy finding solutions for challenging problems both individually and collectively. Looking for someone who enjoys working in a fast paced learning environment.
- Experience with Google Cloud Platform and AWS
- Experience with third-party libraries and APIs
- Very strong analytical, problem solving and communication skills
- Experience with Agile Methodologies and Pair Programming
- Strong initiative and enthusiasm
Computer Science, Design, Fine Arts, Engineering or related field