Positions: Summer Internship, Chief of Staff to the CEO of a Climate Tech Startup
Location: San Francisco, CA / Hybrid
Innovation Area: Built Environment and Infrastructure; Energy Management and Efficiency; Software and Data Analytics
Position Type: TomKat Center-supported
Internship Term: 8 weeks
Start Date: July 2023
We are Arch with the mission of fighting climate change on a large scale.
We are a next-generation residential heating and cooling startup that is building an advanced analytics software solution to rapidly accelerate Air Source Heat Pump (ASHP) adoption and decarbonize the US residential building sector.
We are leveraging technology to increase access to green heating and cooling solutions for all Americans and the world. On our platform we connect homeowners with installers, while our technology allows us to offer optimized financing options and increase the efficiency of installers. As a for-profit and mission driven company, we are determined to scale fast.
We are looking for a highly organized and motivated individual to serve as the Chief of Staff to the CEO of our climate tech startup in San Francisco. The ideal candidate will have a passion for technology and the environment, as well as a creative and entrepreneurial mindset. This internship will provide a unique opportunity to gain insight into the inner workings of a startup and to work closely with the CEO.
- Working closely with the CEO to develop and execute strategic initiatives
- Conducting research on potential partners, customers, and industry trends
- Assisting with business development tasks such as customer outreach, sales and marketing
- Managing projects and coordinating meetings
- Assisting with engineering tasks to ensure product quality and reliability
- Providing administrative support to the CEO and other members of the team
- Representing the company at public events
- One previous summer internship during undergraduate degree
- Strong organizational and multitasking skills
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Ability to work independently and take initiative
- Experience in the climate tech industry is a plus but not mandatory
- Enthusiasm for technology and the environment