Positions: Chief of Staff Intern
Location: San Francisco, CA
Innovation Area: Energy, Food, and Water Nexus; Environment and Health
Position Type: TomKat Center-supported
Internship Term: 8 weeks
12 Tides is an ocean-positive food company based in San Francisco, CA. Our mission is to transform the food system into a force for good for our oceans, starting with our tasty organic kelp snacks. We source organic kelp from regenerative ocean farms in the US to incorporate it into better-for-you, ocean-friendly foods. 12 Tides is a Certified B Corp and contributes 1% of sales to support kelp forest restoration with our non-profit partner SeaTrees. We also package our snacks in compostable pouches, to help lead the food industry away from petroleum-based plastic packaging. Together we are turning the tide on climate change, one kelp chip at a time.
- Identify growth opportunities and channel strategies for 12 Tides products
- Drive key account sales efforts & new channel launches
- Assist the CEO with capital raising, board meetings, and investor relations
- Various other tasks as required by a fast-moving start-up
- Passion for food, the ocean, and the mission of 12 Tides
- Ability to learn quickly and take ownership over workstreams
- Experience in start-up atmosphere (e.g., scrappy, resourceful, and action-oriented)
- Position is remote, some in-person work possible in San Francisco.