Positions: Electronic Controls Development Engineer; Heat Flow and Thermal Analysis Engineer
Location: Stanford, CA for Web Development, potential for work in India on Firmware Development
Innovation Area: Energy, Food, Water, Human Health and Environment Nexus
Position Type: TomKat Center-supported
Internship Term: 8 weeks
We work to sustainably improve incomes of the 110 million smallholder farmers in India by providing them year-round, income-generating opportunities while reducing food waste and environmental impact.
Who Should Apply
You should apply if you:
- have a keen interest to support the development of agriculture communities in India and around the world to sustainably improve their livelihood.
- are resourceful, driven, and flexible.
- able to learn and work cross-culturally.
Electronic Controls Development Engineer
- Continue development of our electronic controls software in collaboration with our India-based partner Pequrel Microelectronics.
- Work closely with Stanford- and India-based teams on controls functionality and user interface.
Two potential paths depending on candidate:
- Firmware Development: Excellent Programming Skills in Embedded C; Knowledge of low-level communication protocols like I2C, UART, SPI etc. and hardware interfaces; Know-how of Microcontrollers, PIC desirable.
Majors: Electrical Engineering, Computer Science or similar.
- Web Development: Problem solving abilities; Gather requirements & triaging , Stay up to date with new trends and advancements in web development.
- Firmware: Ability to optimize code for efficiency, memory and speed; Excellent analytical and problem-solving skills; Ability to overcome hardware issues with software workarounds.
Heat Flow and Thermal Analysis Engineer
- Provide insight into heat flows (e.g. gains, losses, and opportunities) for thermal management improvement using current material and structural designs, electronic controls capabilities, and India-based environmental information.
- Work consistently with Stanford-based team on thermal design optimization.
- Discuss with India-based team for needed data and information.
Strong background and experience in:
- CFD and FEA
Majors: Mechanical Engineering, Civil & Environmental Engineering, Computer Science, Materials Science & Engineering
Experience with CAD software (e.g. SolidWorks) and Computational Fluid Dynamics (e.g. ANSYS) applications to buildings.