SkyCool Systems Internship
Positions: Summer Intern
Location: Mountain View, CA
Innovation Area: Energy Efficiency
Position Type: TomKat Center-supported
Internship Term: 8 weeks
SkyCool Systems is developing a next generation thin film coating that cools passively with minimal electricity and without evaporating water. The film is being integrated with a panel that will make air conditioning (AC) and refrigeration systems more efficient.
AC & refrigeration systems represent a critical part of our global infrastructure, and running cooling systems consumes 17% of all electricity produced globally and result in 10% of all greenhouse gas emissions. Using the panels will reduce energy use and greenhouse gas emissions associated with running air conditioning and refrigeration systems, making our planet a better place to live.
The core technology in the panels was developed at Stanford University and they can be used to increase the efficiency of the standard air conditioner or refrigeration system by as much as 20%.
- Work independently to review data from our deployments
- Develop quality assurance protocol for panels
- Develop user interface displaying cooling from the panels
- Develop tools to analyze data
- Perform thermal modeling of various cooling systems
Who Should Apply
Engineering students, enthusiastic about reducing carbon footprint of commercial buildings
- Solid Works
- Heat Transfer
- Mechanical engineering, Civil Engineering, Electrical Engineering
- Mechanical design, project management, familiar with fluid mechanics, mechatronics,
- Data Analysis