Positions: Machine Learning Intern
Location: Stanford, CA
Innovation Area: Energy Efficiency
Position Type: TomKat Center-supported
Compensation: $10,000 ($7,500 stipend paid by the TomKat Center, $2,500 paid by Pulsar)
Internship Term: 8 weeks
Pulsar is a startup founded at Stanford University working at the intersection of AI and manufacturing. We are combining the best of wireless sensor technology and machine learning to build an automated production monitoring & control system for manufacturing plants. We are a team of Stanford engineers, business graduates and industry experts backed by the Stanford TomKat Center and some top angel investors (https://tomkat.stanford.edu/innovation-transfer/pulsar).
In this job you will:
- Perform exploratory data analysis
- Build, train and test deep learning models for time-series classification
- Learn about and apply some advanced ML techniques like transfer learning, autoregressive CNN architectures and weak supervision.
Who Should Apply
A student with machine learning experience that is excited about the manufacturing space and interested in taking a leading role in an early-stage startup. You will work side-by-side with industry experts and apply your ML skills to a real product. The position may lead to additional job opportunities after the summer.
- Experience or coursework in machine learning, including both supervised and unsupervised learning (STATS216, CS229, CS221 or similar)
- Experience developing recurrent and convolutional deep learning models (CS230, CS231N, CS224D or similar)
- Familiarity with Pytorch (preferred) or TensorFlow
- Motivated, proactive and interested in working in a dynamic, fast-paced environment.
EE, CS, Engineering, MS&E, Math, Statistics