Positions: Technical Guru; Data Master; Growth Hacker
Location: Palo Alto / SF
Innovation Area: Energy Efficiency
Position Type: TomKat Center-supported, Industry-supported
Internship Term: 8 weeks
OXO reclaims cities from parked cars.
We match commuters driving into a city, with gig drivers (Uber, Lyft, Doordash...) that need a car. OXO cuts parking and keeps cars in constant motion.
This looks a lot like how autonomous vehicles will work.
Come build the future of shared mobility with us!
Who Should Apply
As a team member, you are:
- Fascinated by the potential of Machine Learning and Autonomous Vehicles to optimize how we move people and goods through the world; positively impacting the environment and billions of lives
- Excited by the challenges, responsibilities and opportunities of a fast-growing, early-stage startup
- Strong technically and interested in building customer-focussed products
- Keen to design new solutions and rapidly iterate based on feedback
We are recruiting for three roles: Developer, Data and Growth
Redesign and expand website and native iOS / Android apps to facilitate on-boarding and increase user engagement
- Experience building hybrid/native mobile application
- Knowledge of iOS/Android performance techniques and mobile interface design
- Experience with Agile product development
Pursuing BS or MS in Computer Science
Improve the efficiency of OXO’s marketplace by managing optimisation and matching algorithms
- Experience in SQL, and machine learning frameworks in e.g. Python, R, MATLAB
- Familiarity with Apache Spark and the Hadoop ecosystem
Pursuing BS or MS in Data Science / Statistics
Design, create and test marketing materials and publicity communications to scale our user base of Bay Area car owners and gig-economy drivers
- Sampled the Kool-aid at d.school
- Graphic design and Photoshop skills a plus