Positions: Business and Operations Intern
Location: Bay Area or Denver (student's choice)
Innovation Area: Energy, Food, Water, Human Health and Environment Nexus
Position Type: TomKat Center-supported
Internship Term: 8 weeks
LaderaTech is a biomaterials company bringing commercial solutions to the wildfire prevention and agriculture industries. The core technology was developed at Stanford University and MIT, before being exclusively licensed by our company.
LaderaTech sells the only known preventative and proactive wildfire product that is called “FORTIFY”. The product will be sold to industry segments such as utilities and state agencies that have significant risk for the start of wildfires each year.
We have strong indications where over 80% of fires are starting each year in California. Until now, there was nothing that could be done to proactively prevent the start of fires in these areas. All of the existing long-term fire retardants wash off with less than 1/8" of rain/fog or through heavy weathering/wind. FORTIFY shows that it will adhere to vegetation and persist through the entire fire season. The product is fully developed, and we will aggressively execute on a robust sales pipeline starting in 2020.
- Report directly to President & CEO of LaderaTech
- Prepare business presentations to drive commercial sales
- Assist Chief Operations Officer with ensuring delivery and application of our product
- Minimal travel within California and the Western United States may be necessary to assist with presentations
- Performing market studies and analysis to present to CEO on expansion opportunities
Who Should Apply
Students who demonstrate:
- Exceptional written and verbal communication skills. Extremely comfortable with preparing Sr. level presentations for clients
- Comfort with collecting and analyzing large sets of data
- Exceptional organization skills and attention to detail
- Tremendous benefit if any exposure to utilities or the wildfire industry (not required)
- Keynote/PowerPoint creation a must
- Comfortable with market sizing exercises
- Ability to be a self-starter/work alone for periods of time
- Management science and engineering