Positions: Business Operations Intern
Locations: Taipei, Taiwan
Innovation Area: Energy Efficiency
Position Type: TomKat Center-supported; Industry-supported
Compensation: $7500 (possible increase in compensation with longer-term)
Internship Term: 8-12 weeks (10-12 weeks preferred)
Verdigris is an artificial intelligence IoT platform that makes buildings smarter and more connected while reducing energy consumption and costs. By combining proprietary hardware sensors, machine learning, and software, Verdigris “learns” the energy patterns of a building. Their AI software produces comprehensive reports including energy forecasts, alerts about faulty equipment, maintenance reminders, and detailed energy usage information for each and every device and appliance. Verdigris offers a suite of applications that gives building engineers a comprehensive overview, an “itemized utility bill”, powerful reporting, and simple automation tools for their facility. For more information, visit www.verdigris.co.
From this internship, you will be actively involved in important projects at Verdigris’ Business Operations Team, even more than people operations. You will get hands-on skills and expertise in empowering employees and facilitating day-to-day work life.
- Assist in executing department-specific and organization-wide projects.
- Serve as a crucial point of contact between executive leadership, hiring team and employees
- Manage all People Operations functions, such as onboarding / offboarding, benefit & compensation administration, payroll, time-off requests, and performance management
- Plan and direct employee engagement events, which promote a high-performing, inclusive, and mission-driven culture
Who Should Apply
We’re searching for the right teammate who is located in Taiwan and interested in people operations, eager to learn and grow in a fast-paced start-up, problem-solving, multi-tasking and being self-motivated.
- High emotional and social intelligence with experience fostering positive, strong relationships with diverse groups of people
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Highly organized and detail-oriented; you can handle multiple projects and dynamic priorities without missing a beat
- Passionate about people and how they function together to create a valuable organization
- Experience building, maintaining and presenting data analytics
- Proficient in Excel, Google spreadsheets