Positions: Software Engineer Intern
Location: Palo Alto, CA
Innovation Area: Energy Efficiency
Position Type: TomKat Center-supported
Internship Term: 8 weeks
We are a team of Stanford engineers, computer scientists, and manufacturing experts looking to disrupt the multi-trillion manufacturing industry. Our product combines sensor technology with machine learning to monitor industrial processes in real-time and help factories operate more efficiently. This fully automated system enables industrial monitoring at a fraction of the cost and implementation time of other solutions. Our passionate team is driven by the desire to dramatically modernize the manufacturing industry.
We are looking for a Software Engineer Intern familiar with the MERN - Mongo, Express, React & Node.js (+SQL) stack to join our SWE Team. You will work closely with some of the best full-stack and machine learning engineers to build new features for our core product (SaaS web application) and internal admin tools. The job involves interesting design challenges including large-scale data streaming, real-time analytics, and ML data pipelines.
Who Should Apply
This is a great opportunity for someone interested in having a tangible impact in a fast-growing startup by delivering features in production, with real customers. You will be part of an elite, tight-knit, and high-energy team that is obsessed with building great products and even more obsessed with building a great company and culture.
- CS coursework like Algorithmic Coding OR Web Applications
- Familiarity building APIs using Node.js
- Good understanding of state management frameworks for Frontend (Redux)
- Experience interacting and modeling with relational and document-oriented (NoSQL) databases
- An example of a high-quality full stack project developed by you
- Excellent communication skills
- Major in Computer Science
- Knowledge of the Express.js Framework
- Ability to write unit and integration tests
- Experience using AWS cloud services
- Previous usage of the Typescript language
- Understanding of Microservices and/or Serverless applications
- Familiarity with CI/Deployment pipelines