Positions: Farmer Success Intern
Innovation Area: Energy, Food, and Water Nexus; Software and Data Analytics
Position Type: TomKat Center-supported
Internship Term: 8 weeks
FarmRaise is digital fintech platform that enables farmers to access financial resources so that they can farm their best. Through tools like a grant eligibility quiz and simplified conservation grant application, FarmRaise supports vital farming communities that are sustainable, equitable and profitable. FarmRaise was founded in 2020 by two Stanford EIPER graduates.
We’re seeking a self-starter who is passionate about sustainable agriculture to help us better serve our farmer clients with quality information and services. This role touches upon three strategic functions within the organization: customer engagement, research, and product.
- Research federal, state, and private grant opportunities for farmers
- Document and compile specific requirements and features of each grant opportunity
- Build a national database that will support farmers seeking funding across the U.S.
- Deliver timely, tailored funding alerts to farmers about opportunities relevant to their operations
- Receive professional coaching, resume and job search support, and mentorship from our leadership team
- Learn about and support the growth of an early-stage company as we hire early employees, build our culture, and fundraise capital
Who Should Apply
- Passionate about sustainable agriculture, soil health, and rural economies
- Highly detail-oriented and driven in your work and communication
- Ambitiously creative with a strong growth-mindset
- Curious about entrepreneurship and/or ag tech
Seeking Junior and Senior level undergraduate candidates with a study focus in agriculture, policy, marketing, communications, land use, sustainability, or natural resource management. No prior internship or start-up experience is required.
- Land Use / Natural Resource Management
- Database management
- Email campaigns
- Social media