Positions: R&D Engineer
Location: Menlo Park, CA
Innovation Area: Materials and Chemicals; Generation and Conversion; Transportation; Storage
Position Type: TomKat Center-supported
Internship Term: 8 weeks
Our mission is to produce clean, reliable and affordable renewable hydrogen and become an industry leader to advance this market. We believe that ‘green molecules’ and power-to-gas are essential elements of a low-carbon future. EvolOH is developing a next-generation electrolyzer that is both high-efficiency and low-cost. Our team has deep industrial and research experience with companies and institutions such as Stanford, NREL, MIT, Princeton, Nuvera Fuel Cells, Air Liquide, Linde, etc. EvolOH was recently awarded one of Bill Gates' Breakthrough Energy Fellows grants.
- Perform testing, characterization and data analysis of water electrolyzers.
- Fabricate and build Membrane Electrode Assemblies, electrochemical cells and stack hardware.
- Identify areas of deficiency and propose potential improvements
Who Should Apply
Applicants interested in cleantech, early-stage startups and/or R&D. You will further develop your laboratory skills and learn a lot from experienced mechanical and electrochemical engineers.
- General engineering background.
- Quick learner and team player.
- Experience in basic wet chemistry lab operations and safety.
- Basic knowledge of electronics (e.g. power supplies, electrical connections, etc.)
- Mechanical Engineer, Chemical Engineering, Material Science and Engineering and other related fields.