Position: UI/UX Developer Intern
Location: Palo Alto, CA (Working remotely)
Innovation Area: Storage, Transmission and Management
Position Type: TomKat Center-supported
Internship Term: 8 weeks
Buzz Solutions safeguards the world's energy infrastructure by providing AI-based actionable insights and predictive analytics for power line and energy infrastructure inspections.
We are disrupting the power utility industry by providing automation for inspection and maintenance operations for infrastructure, using our AI-powered software platform, and are a venture backed and funded startup looking for great talent to share our vision of energy industry transformation.
Our solutions and technology allows the utilities to reduce current inspection operation costs by at least 50%, prevent power outages, prevent wildfires and manage their assets in an effective way.
You will be working with a talented, passionate and hardworking team of engineers and product managers to build end-to-end Machine Learning products and pipelines that will be deployed for our customers in order to prevent issues such as power outages, forced shutdowns, impact of climate change on the aging grid infrastructure and preventing wildfires.
- Creating user-centered designs by understanding business requirements, and user feedback
- Creating user flows, wireframes, prototypes and mockups
- Translating requirements into style guides, design systems, design patterns and attractive user interfaces
- Designing UI elements such as input controls, navigational components and informational components
- Creating original graphic designs (e.g. images, sketches and tables)
- Identifying and troubleshooting UX problems (e.g. responsiveness)
- Collaborating effectively with product, engineering, and management teams
- Incorporating customer feedback, usage metrics, and usability findings into design in order to enhance user experience
Who Should Apply
Stanford students who are passionate about the energy and sustainability space who enjoy finding solutions for challenging problems both individually and collectively. Looking for someone who enjoys working in a fast paced learning environment.
- You are pursuing a degree in Computer Science, Design, Fine Arts, Engineering or related field
- You have prior experience as a UI/UX Designer as well as a strong portfolio of related projects
- You are proficient in Adobe Creative Suite (specifically Illustrator, InDesign and Photoshop)
- You are proficient in prototyping tools such as Sketch, InVision, etc.
- You pay strong attention to detail and have a keen eye for aesthetics
- You have excellent communication skills and can clearly articulate your ideas, designs, and suggestions
- You are a strong team player who can collaborate effectively with different stakeholders
Computer Science, Design, Fine Arts, Engineering or related field