Positions: Business Development Intern
Location: Remote or Hybrid (we are located in Bay Area and have in-person co-working days)
Innovation Area: Built Environment and Infrastructure; Software and Data Analytics
Position Type: TomKat Center-supported
Internship Term: 8 weeks
Bundle is transforming the future of building materials procurement.
The current procurement process is time consuming and prone to error, costing owners and builders up to $250B annually in the U.S. and contributing to the 98% of construction projects that are delivered over time and over budget.
We're a fast-paced construction technology startup aiming to improve the way we build by creating the first procurement platform that enables builders and suppliers to buy, sell, and manage construction materials from quote to delivery, powered by a two-sided marketplace and project management tools.
The company was founded out of Stanford GSB’s Startup Garage course by Janna (GSB ’21) and Edison (GSB ’22) in 2021. We’ve raised $800K from notable venture firms and are excited to rapidly scale our business over the next six months.
You can learn more about us at www.bundle.build.
- Work directly with the founders to develop business strategy and sustainability initiatives with the freedom to set up your own projects
- As one of the early members of Bundle, you will directly impact our expansion targets and the early-stage growth of our company
- You will support growing our B2B business by identifying and negotiating partnership opportunities, developing our sales pipeline, leading sales conversations, and researching/evaluating sustainability information for our building materials database
- Approach potential clients and establish business relationships
- Proactively take entrepreneurial ownership, identify areas leading to business growth, pitch them to the team and be responsible for the execution
- Support day-to-day business activities
Who Should Apply
We are seeking a self-starter with an entrepreneurial mindset and a passion for solving real-world problems with a focus on sustainability. The candidate should be comfortable working in a fast-paced environment and will have the chance to work closely with the founders to learn about what it takes to build an early-stage venture-backed startup.
- Attention to detail, organized, and self-sufficient
- Team oriented personality, bias to action, and excellent communication skills
- Entrepreneurial spirit and proactive “can-do” attitude
- Knowledge of Google Suite and Microsoft Office Suite
- Prior experience with construction and sustainability not necessary, but helpful
- Fluent in English
Preferred applicants have a focus in Business, Finance, Economics, or Construction/ Engineering.
We are focused on building a diverse and inclusive team. If you're excited about this role, but do not meet 100% of the qualifications listed above, we still encourage you to apply.