Positions: Business Development Representative
Location: San Francisco, CA (optional hybrid model (WeWork + virtual) or fully virtual option)
Innovation Area: Built Environment and Infrastructure; Energy Management and Efficiency; Software and Data Analytics
Position Type: TomKat Center-supported
Internship Term: 8 weeks
We are 2zero with the mission of fighting climate change on a large scale.
We are a next-generation residential heating and cooling startup that is building an advanced analytics software solution to rapidly accelerate Air Source Heat Pump (ASHP) adoption and decarbonize the US residential building sector.
We are leveraging technology to increase access to green heating and cooling solutions for all Americans and the world. On our platform we connect homeowners with installers, while our technology allows us to offer optimized financing options and increase the efficiency of installers. As a for-profit and mission driven company, we are determined to scale fast.
Work closely with the co-founders on developing next generation solutions to transform how households in the US are heating and cooling their homes.
Focus of this position will be to help gain traction of potential solutions. We will do a lot of market and solution testing. Responsibilities will be:
- Go-to-market strategy development and execution
- Solution testing and fast solution iteration
Who Should Apply
- Passion for tackling big challenges and technology in sustainability
- Willing to learn new skills (SEO, Go-to-market strategy, strategic and grassroot marketing…)
- Hands on thinking and not shying away from execution
- Enjoy working in an entrepreneurial and high-performance environment
- Strong communication skills in writing and speaking (we will talk to a lot of strangers…)
- Foundational experience (customer segmentation…) in marketing through lectures or internships/jobs
- Ability to develop high-level technical understanding of technology. No need to understand physics or computer science.
- No preferred major, only focus on passion and fun
- Strong understanding of climate / environmental science
- In-depth marketing experience or previous internships
Founders LinkedIn profiles:
Roughly ~12% of the US’ greenhouse gas emissions (or ~750 million metric tons of CO2e) is attributable to the buildings sector, primarily from the combustion of fossil fuels such as natural gas or fuel oil. Americans spend $110+ billion annually on space heating and cooling, a massive market to promote the adoption of cleaner heating technologies.
Air Source Heat Pumps are powered by electricity and move heat from the ambient outside air and into the home. Similar to a refrigerator, they can run in reverse to cool the interior of a home. In the majority of US climates, ASHPs can operate at efficiencies of over 300% throughout the year, or about 3-4x higher than a natural gas furnace. And when powered by renewable electricity such as wind or solar, they deliver 100% clean heating to a home.
Less than 15% of US homes today heat and cool their homes with ASHPs. We believe this is due to several critical market inefficiencies, both for the homeowner and the installer, that are holding back their rapid adoption. We are building a software solution that addresses these gaps.