Positions: Chief of Staff Intern
Location: San Francisco, CA (or Remote, depending on COVID restrictions)
Innovation Area: Energy, Food, and Water Nexus; Environment and Health
Position Type: TomKat Center-supported
Internship Term: 8 weeks
12 Tides is an ocean-friendly food company based in San Francisco, CA. Our mission is to transform the food system into a force for good for our oceans, starting with our tasty organic kelp snacks. We source organic kelp from regenerative ocean farms in the US to incorporate it into better-for-you, ocean-friendly foods. 12 Tides is a Certified B Corp and contributes 1% of sales to support kelp forest restoration with our non-profit partner SeaTrees. We also package our snacks in compostable pouches, to help lead the food industry away from petroleum-based plastic packaging. Together we are turning the tide on climate change, one kelp chip at a time.
12 Tides is hiring a Chief of Staff Intern for the summer of 2020 to assist the CEO with various initiatives to drive growth for the company and forward our mission.
- Identify growth opportunities and channel strategies for 12 Tides products
- Assist with sales efforts & new channel launches
- Collaborate with the Head of Brand on marketing initiatives and brand partnerships
- Manage high-impact special projects as directed by the CEO
- Various other tasks as required by a fast-moving start-up
- Passion for food, the ocean, and the mission of 12 Tides
- Ability to learn quickly and take ownership over workstreams
- Experience in start-up atmosphere (e.g., scrappy, resourceful, and action-oriented)
- Position will be based in San Francisco, CA but remote work may be required due to COVID-19.