Positions: Sales Development Intern
Location: San Francisco, CA
Innovation Area: Energy Efficiency
Position Type: TomKat Center-supported
Internship Term: 8 weeks
ClearMetal is a SaaS platform company that provides manufacturers and retailers the ability to make their supply chain a competitive advantage, delighting their customers and driving efficiency in operations. The only answer to the ‘Amazon Effect’. We uniquely make sense of logistics freight data with a data science engine (patents pending) and highly intuitive apps that enable companies to better manage the production, inventory, and most important, the transportation of their goods around the world. We are growing at a rate of 4X annually and are funded by premier investors including Eric Schmidt’s Innovation Endeavors, Prelude Ventures, and NEA.
Customer expectations have rocketed due to the ‘Amazon effect’, now forcing businesses to heighten their ability to deliver efficiently, effectively and it has further challenged them to delight their customers. Supply chain has moved from a back-office function to a live or die— it needs to become a competitive advantage. Yet supply chain software companies have notoriously over-promised and under-delivered. That’s because they typically use a static approach to solve for a continuously evolving supply chain. The data is wrong. Companies have excess buffer stock, high costs, and carbon offsets. Product delivery & customer experience are poor and it’s getting worse. The only way to solve a continuously evolving supply chain is with a “Continuous” methodology. ClearMetal has solved the fundamental underlying issue: the data problem. 25% of Gartner’s Top 25 supply chains trust us. In 4-8 weeks and zero IT, we uniquely can start digitally transforming a customer’s supply chain, deliver real ROI, and enable them to achieve Amazon-like product delivery and customer experience.
Sales Development Intern
The primary responsibility of the ClearMetal Sales Development Intern is to build pipeline and uncover new opportunities for our field sales organization. This integral role within the sales team partners with Sales Development Reps, Account Executives and Marketing on account strategy while leveraging ClearMetal's internal resources to help drive opportunities to closure.
Some of Your Responsibilities Will Include:
- Creating and prioritizing strategic cold-calling and prospecting initiatives to generate new business in the form of qualified opportunities to build sales pipeline
- Conducting high level qualifying conversations with ClearMetal's target audience in a consultative approach over the telephone
- Following up on leads and conducting research to identify potential prospects within defined territories/vertical segments
- Building cross-departmental trusted relationships and understanding operational business processes/challenges linked to the corporate strategic goals of our prospective customers and connecting these with the ClearMetal's portfolio of solutions
- Meeting and exceeding key KPIs – completed appointments, qualified opportunities, and pipeline progression
- Identifying key decision makers within prospective accounts to determine budget and timeline
- Building and cultivating prospect relationships by initiating communication and conducting appropriate follow-up in order to move opportunities through the sales funnel
The Day To Day
In this role, you will be working alongside your peers making outbound calls into senior level decision makers in an open environment.
60% of your time will be spent over the phone with prospects (60-80 outbound calls); 20% of your time will be spent on research, account planning and strategy; 20% of your time will be spent sending follow up emails and promoting local/virtual events. You will use advanced prospecting tools such as Zoominfo and LinkedIn Sales Navigator for prospecting.
- Must be self-motivated and dependable with strong work ethics, a positive attitude and an eagerness to learn.
- You must also be highly organized and detail-oriented with excellent communication skills and the ability to build business relationships.
- Able to identify new opportunities and act with autonomy in a professional manner.
- Be creative and persistent in finding ways to reach targets.
- Have excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Multi-task, yet maintain attention to details.
What Are Their Nice-To-Haves?
- Understanding of Salesforce.com
- Experience in software solution sales