Positions: Business Strategy Intern
Location: Palo Alto, California with travel to Salinas, CA possible
Innovation Area: Energy, Food, Water, Human Health and Environment Nexus
Position Type: TomKat Center-supported
Compensation: $7500 (paid directly by the TomKat Center)
Internship Term: 8 weeks
AgAi helps farmers know more of what they grow. We enable farmers and crop forecasters to use their smart phone to take a picture of multiple plants in their field, submit it to our platform, and then using machine learning and computer vision, we can count and categorize the fruit, nuts, or vegetables on the plant. This creates a digital yield forecast for farmers that is used to manage pricing, labor, logistics, reduce inputs, and ultimately better manage resources.
- Create go to market strategy for expanding from one large customer to many.
- Create sales collateral and deploy modest marketing budget to reach farmers.
- Help establish commercial pilots, including site visits and technology deployment.
- Explore new market opportunities and technology applications in agriculture.
Who Should Apply
- Students interested in food systems, agriculture and/or applications of computer vision.
- Students seeking to understand how to bootstrap and launch an entrepreneurial venture that involves technology deployment in a B2B setting.
- Students with grit, hustle, and a bias towards action.
- Ability to conduct cold outreach, and comfortably talk to farmers.
- Strong, concise, and clean writing skills.
- Analytical skills is a major plus.
Open to all majors.